When a disaster or emergency is over, you need to review what has occurred. To do this, you should:
- Check on the status of your family’s physical health and safety of your home.
- If you have property damage, contact your insurance company and your local emergency management agency to ensure your damage is included in a possible state or federal disaster declaration.
- Take one step at a time and pay attention to the mental health of your family.
- Restock your Emergency Supply Kit.
- Review and update your Family Plan.
- Get trained and volunteer so you can help others in your community.
For more information, select a topic below: