About Email Encryption
Email Encryption allows email messages and attachment to be easily protected while maintaining control wherever they are shared. This service is currently provided through Virtu.
What problems it solves
Prevents unauthorized access or disclosure of confidential information. Protects confidential information stored and sent through insecure email.
What the Service provides
- End-to-End Email Encryption
- Encrypt messages and attachments directly within the enterprise email platform, before the data reaches the provider’s servers, preventing access by any unauthorized parties, everywhere they’re sent or shared.
- Granular Access Controls
- Set expiration, disable forwarding, and watermark attachments with recipients’ names to deter them from leaking sensitive files.
- Instant Revocation
- Revoke access to messages and attachments immediately when emails are sent in error, or after the data within has become more sensitive.
- Persistent File Protection
- Keep email attachments under your control even after they’re moved from email to desktops, shared network folders, cloud storage drives, or anywhere else files are stored and shared.
Billing Unit: N/A
Billing Code: N/A (Service is not billed by ASET due to funding from other sources)
- All State Agencies, Boards and Commissions
- This service requires Enterprise Email.
Scope of Service
- Customers can request assistance or support via the Cherwell Customer portal. Click on ADOA-ASET Service Desk. Select Google Support then Virtu.
How to order this Service