About Web Application Firewall (WAF)
A web application firewall (WAF) helps protect web applications by filtering and monitoring traffic destined for your web applications from the Internet.
What problems it solves
Internet-facing Web applications are inherently at risk of being attacked by threat actors. Improperly coded applications, unpatched vulnerable web server software, and denial-of-service attacks place State data and systems at risk of being compromised, breached, or taken offline. Deploying a WAF in front of your web applications and sites offers an additional layer of security mitigating some of this risk and offering invaluable insight into the legitimate and illegitimate traffic hitting them.
What the Service provides
- Protection for your websites and web applications from malicious traffic. Access to the console to configure policies specific to your sites and generate reports.
Benefits of this Service
- Protects web applications from malicious requests and traffic
- Create custom rules and policies to tailor protections to your specific needs
- Generate comprehensive reports on attack or legitimate traffic
Billing Unit: N/A
Billing Code: N/A (Service is not billed by ASET due to funding from other sources)
- All State Agencies, Boards and Commissions
Scope of Service
- Customers can request assistance or support via the ServiceNow Customer portal. Click on ADOA-ASET Service Desk. Select Enterprise Security then Web Application Firewall.
How to order this Service