About Web Content Filtering (WCF)
Web Content Filtering helps protect users from accessing websites known to pose security risks and can also be used to control the web-based content a user can access. Provides the ability to block content by category or specific websites containing material inappropriate for the workplace or malicious content.
What problems it solves
Hacking, phishing, viruses, and malware are some of the biggest threats to the State. Almost all of these rely on accessing outside web-based resources either through phishing links, or downloading malware. Web content filtering has a multitude of benefits for both individual users and agencies by protecting users from inappropriate content, blocking malware and phishing sites, protecting against infected ad networks and web-based exploits, and provides enhanced reports on user browsing activity.
What the Service provides
- Licenses and access to install the latest Enterprise web content filtering solution, and access to the console to configure custom policies and run reports.
Benefits of this Service
- Blocks traffic to malicious websites including malware downloads
- Protect users from accessing inappropriate or illegal content
- Increased network bandwidth efficiencies through caching
- Generate enhanced reports on user browsing activity
Billing Unit: N/A
Billing Code: N/A (Service is not billed by ASET due to funding from other sources)
- All State Agencies, Boards and Commissions
Scope of Service
- Customers can request assistance or support via the ServiceNow Customer portal. Click on ADOA-ASET Service Desk. Select Enterprise Security then Web Content Filtering.
How to order this Service