2021 Nonprofit Security Grant Program
2021 NSGP Investment Justification Application Deadline:
Friday, April 23, 2021, 5:00 p.m.
The 2021 NSGP provides funding support for physical security enhancements and other security related activities to nonprofit organizations that are at high risk of terrorist attack. NSGP seeks to integrate the preparedness activities of nonprofit organizations with broader state and local preparedness efforts.
In FFY 2021, there are two funding sources appropriated for nonprofit organizations:
- Nonprofit Security Grant Program - Urban Area (NSGP-UA): NSGP-UA funds nonprofit organizations located within FFY 2021 Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI)-designated urban areas. In Arizona, the only UASI-designated area is the Phoenix metropolitan area which primarily encompasses Maricopa County.
- Nonprofit Security Grant Program - State (NSGP-S): Under NSGP-S, each state will receive a target allocation for nonprofit organizations located outside of FFY 2021 UASI-designated urban areas.
Nonprofit organizations with one site may apply for up to $150,000 for that site. Sub-applicants with multiple sites may apply for up to $150,000 per site, for up to three sites, for a maximum of $450,000 per sub-applicant. If a sub-applicant applies for projects at multiple sites, regardless of whether the projects are similar in nature, it must include an assessment of the vulnerability and risk unique to each site.
You cannot apply for both programs. Applications that are received for the wrong program will be deemed ineligible.
NOTE: This grant is a reimbursement grant. If you receive an award, all items requested and approved for funding must be purchased (within the period of performance) and paid for prior to requesting reimbursement.
To apply for the NSGP grant, please review and complete the documents as indicated below.
REVIEW prior to applying:
- FFY 2021 NSGP Information Sheet
- NSGP Scoring Tool - You are encouraged to use this tool to score your application prior to submission.
- FFY 2021 NSGP Guidance (US DHS NSGP Notice of Funding Opportunity) – Please note that this publication has information that pertains to the State Administrative Agency (Arizona Department of Homeland Security) that submits the official application to the USDHS/FEMA as well as nonprofit organization applicants. The only items required to be submitted for the NSGP application (Investment Justification Application, Vulnerability Risk Assessment and Arizona NSGP Supplemental Form) are listed below under the "Submit" section.
- National Preparedness Goal (Please refer to this document when answering the core capabilities question in the Investment Justification application on Page 6 – VII. Impact)
- 2021 NSGP Grant Information Webinar PowerPoint Presentation
SUBMIT the following application items (Items in blue font are hyperlinks to application forms.) to [email protected] 5:00 p.m., April 23, 2021.
Note: An application must be submitted by a current employee, personnel, official, staff or leadership that is duly authorized to apply for an award on behalf of the nonprofit organization at the time application. Consultants or contractors of the subrecipient are not permitted to be the authorized organization representative.
- Vulnerability Risk Assessment on which the application is based. (There is no standardized form.) To request a Vulnerability Assessment, please submit a completed TVA Request Form to [email protected]
- Investment Justification Application
- Please note that the Vulnerability Risk Assessment is not forwarded to FEMA with the application; therefore, you are advised to include information from the assessment as you deem appropriate in Section III - Risk of the Investment Justification Application.
- Section IV - Target Hardening – Please include quantities (where applicable) in the Description text box.
- Planning, Training, Exercise, M&A and Contracted Security Personnel requests should also be listed in the grid section below the narrative text box. Leave the AEL # blank.
- M&A activities must be allowable and described in detail (NOFO, Page 19)
- Section V - Milestones – Use October 1, 2021 through September 30, 2022 as your period of performance. All milestone dates should occur within that range. (FYI - An EHP review is applicable to all NSGP applications.)
- Save the file using the following naming convention:
- For NSGP-UA: FY2021_NSGP_UA_AZ_Phoenix_‹Nonprofit Name›
- For NSGP-S: FY2021_NSGP_S_AZ_‹Nonprofit Name›
- If using Excel 2007, applicants are required to save the final version in the Excel 97-2003 format before submitting. Excel 2007 or PDF formats cannot be accepted.
- Arizona NSGP Supplemental Forms
- Complete all 7 tabs.
- Project Detail tab - Complete only those sections for which grant funds are being sought.
- Project Detail tab - Quantities and estimates should be based upon actual estimates and/or informed research.
NSGP Investment Justification Application Deadline:
Friday, April 23, 2021, 5:00 p.m.